1. When you want to wash your windows, make sure they are in the proper condition for the task. Touch them – if they are warm, then you are not good to go. They should cool down first. When you make sure the glass surface is ready, start by applying the cleaning product on the whole surface, using a wet cloth. Then, wipe it off with a rag. Wash the rag after each wipe. Finally, in order to avoid any marks, finish the surface with a paper towel or an old newspaper.
2. When doing your spring cleaning be consistent – do not clean two or more rooms at the same time as this will get you exhausted too fast. When you concentrate your attention on just one room at a time you save time and efforts.
3. Clean your dresser. Take everything out of there and make sure you clean the corners of it good, as they often become the home of different germs or just dust and dirtiness.
4. The light curtains which are usually used for nothing more but decoration are easy to maintain. You can wash them by hand or throw them into the washing machine. The heavy curtains, however, are far from easy to take care of. It is because of their mossy surface, they attract a lot of dust and dirtiness which can be hard to get off. However, there is a way around it. Soak a cloth in hot water, squeeze it good and then gently wipe the curtain in a vertical direction. Before you do that, you can dust the curtain with a soft brush, but you risk spreading the dust in the room.
5. The newer models of bathtubs are made of porcelain, which requires special attention when cleaning them. Use liquid cleaners which do not have abrasive particles, acids or alkali in them, otherwise you might damage the surface.
6. When your flowers are dusty you can use the shower and spray it with cool water for a while. Then dry it with a towel.
7. In order to freshen up your upholstery, use the vacuum cleaner. Set it to “high” and use the narrow nozzle to clean the corners of the furniture. Do not forget all the sides of the pillows and cushions and under the furniture. If you have clean the upholstery with a cleaning product, make sure you try the product on a less visible part of the furniture to see if it has a positive effect on the fabric. Sometimes there can be an unpleasant chemical reaction than can ruin your furniture.
8. When you change the water in your fish tank, do not pour it down the sewer. It has a rich nutrition value so you can use it to water the plants with it.
For more home cleaning advice and interesting ideas, visit www.aceclean.co.uk.